Tuesday, August 14, 2007

i'm in zurich















So Zurich. I'm impressed with the clean streets the straight lines and individually wrapped pieces of meat in the market. Today was a day full of travel and it's already the next day. When we got here we waited around a bit for rooms but while we waited they served some pretty coffees. My camera is all wacky since I dropped it and the whole front face fell off, but I think you can still get a general sense of what is going on. Juliana is kindly holding the cute half and half next to her coffee.















By the way the only English tv station in the room is CNN and they keep talking about the defective toys in China that were sold in NY. Oops.
Oh and before that we were in a tall bus on the way to the hotel and passed this stuff. We are very near to the Limmat river and I even saw a frighteningly large swan in the river. I wanted to say it was fake, but we all knew it was real and I was scared inside but I told no one.














After eating a $20 omelet (no joke) we (me and Jennifer) went to the market to see if we could find some fruits and things and I held up the line while I tried to stuff my bag with the goods I bought because I didn't want to pay for a bag and also cause I'm so eco friendly (sadly I'm not) and I bought these strawberries. Look at how adorable they are. Jennifer was right in saying that they also tasted cute. They did. And I felt guilty for eating something so cute.














Maybe you can't tell but they're so tiny. I have child hands so you probably can't tell but dude these are small strawberries. They were meant for cute field mice to eat but I have taken the food belonging to field mice and taken it as my own. ha ha.

And tonight we had fondue. I had the traditional flavor and others had ham and cheese and pear liquer and things. It was delish.















But then look what happens as it heats and heats and heats:















And that is what it is doing in my stomach right now!
Sweet dreams!
Yay.

1 comment:

beep said...

Q: What does cute taste like?

A: A bucket of sunshine and rainbows.