Thursday, June 01, 2006

makeup in the subway

I'm not sure if it's rude to put on make up in the subway. I know I've seen something about how it's bad ettiquete in some girly magazine. I don't care that much, but it is weird to watch a woman look at herself in a tiny mirror and apply bronzer forever. This happened today on my subway ride to work. A tiny young woman stood in the middle of the subway gripping to the subway pole with her arm while she brushed bronzer on her pointy little face. It should not have mattered to me. I should not have cared, but for some reason I did care and I blame it on her snarky smile. I hate snarky smiles. She kept smiling at herself as she applied coat after coat of bronzer. How much bronzer does one woman need? This woman needed what seemed to be at least 30 coats. And that smile! That smug little snarky smile. As I continued trying not to stare but also stare, I realized this woman also had a severe case of camel toe! How could she stand there so smugly while she was exposing a part down there! I couldn't believe it. Pounds of bronzer being applied to a smug face and not to mention a severe case of camel toe! Somehow the two cancelled out each other and everything was just in the world, or at least in that subway car. Justice, sweet justice.

4 comments:

2na said...

make-up vs. camel toe... gross.

anne altman said...

i'm not good at math, but indeed, bronzer does not eclipse the camel toe. not even if directly applied.

Maddy said...

The thing that makes subway makeup appplication so offensive to me is not the occasional camel-toe but the message this person is sending directly to me, which is: "My outward appearance is very important to me. There are people that I wish to impress. You, Maddy, are not one of those people, so I will continue with my private bathroom ritual right here in front of you oblivious to your disgust."

The nerve!

grumpytum said...

eww, i totally agree. those ladies give me the creeps. i can picture the last lady i saw doing that right now. she was trying to give herself the non-makeup look but i was thinking, 'really, miss, you need more makeup with those crows feet!'