Friday, June 30, 2006

I love you Man Man

I caught the flu somehow and for most of yesterday I was dead to the world, but it didn't stop me from fulfilling my destiny with the Fiery Furnaces. I drank that disgusting liquid Zicam and popped those magic crystals (found out the magic crystals were oscillococcinum) and trudged out in the rain to see the Fiery Furnaces. The Fiery Furnaces were live and very much in charge. I love electricity and rock. Together they are nice. Okay anyway, so yes, the Fiery Furnaces were amazing, yes, but ManMan, the opening act of the evening made my heart break a few times over. When I bought tickets a couple weeks ago and told my roommates that Man Man was opening, I said "ManMan, who's ManMan?" and all they said was "Oh you'll like ManMan". They predicted correctly, for it is true, I love ManMan. I don't think it's possible not to like ManMan. ManMan is a group of 5 guys who wear all white in the form of t-shirts, polo shirts, white pants, white boxers. It seems almost like they all just found what they each had in their wardrobe that happened to be white. A few of them were also wearing white face paint warrior style. And there they were situated in this kind of circle, the keyboardist and main singer, and drummer facing each other in front, and the three dudes in the back playing horns, glockenschpiels (a personal favorite--it makes me squeal like a little girl, no joke), a xylophone, a bass, a guitar, and other type instruments. God they're amazing. All the energy and jumping around and circus noises and everything. I don't even know. All I know is I love you Man Man.

No comments: